Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CREATE A FORM WITH A VScrollBar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judai

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
IL
Hello everyone,

I'd like 2 create a from with a vertical scrollBar that controls the form if its contents is too long, like when containing a datagrid.

Does anyone have a code example I can learn from? do U know how its done?

Thanks.

You can create an MDI forms. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Or you can use a picturebox within a picturebox, and use the vscroll to control the top value of the inner picturebox.

Rob

rdavis,

so I can put a pictureBox on an MDIform, put a vScroll in it & it will control the size of the MDIChild?!

How do I control/scroll an MDIChild if, for instance, the grid is 2 big 2 fit in the form?

Or, better yet, how can I control/scroll anything inside an MDIForm?

Or, how can I scroll a regular form?

Thanks, U guys.

The parent form controls whether or not a scroll bar is present to view the entire child form. This is done automatically.

If your data grid is too big for the form then you have to use scroll bars on the data grid as well. Realistically people can only look at a small amount of data at once. Users will either scroll your grid or scroll with their eyes to see more data. A grid should never be 'too big' for your form. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

zemp,

guess U R right.

Anyways, just found out that the scrollbars add automatically when the form is 2 big within am MDIForm.Just for the knowledge, is there a regular VB form that adds scrollbars 2 it self automatically 2 (just like the MDIForm does)?

Thanks,

Jud.

Not to my knowledge. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back