Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a button that does a screen print

Status
Not open for further replies.

breilly

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
US
How do you capture a scrren image and send it to a printer? I want to create a button that will allow the users to press it and direct an image of the screen to their printer. (Like doing a prtint screen key, starting an editer, doing a paste, and selecting print. I can get it to work in character mode but not GUI. e.g. If I do a display "line1" line 1 col 1.."line 2" line 2 col1 ...etc. I can get the data thru normal accept command. How do I get the screen when the data is displayed via a display screen?

If you look ar (italian site of Acucorp inc) there is on download area a sample couple of sample to make a BMP of screen to printing.

Maxswex,

Thanks for the tip. At 1st, I thought I was going to have to learn Italian; however, the web translation feature worked. I download the zip file, added a couple of directory paths, put a button on my test screen that called the program and 'vu-la', I'm printing the screen to the default network printer.

Thank again for the tip......Bruce

I have a need to do the same. Which zip file did you
download and how did you translate it ??
Does the code print the screen as an image or as character
data. I am migrating users from a Wang system, they are
used to screen prints and having the ability to copy and
past screens.
Thanks for your input

I used the the vic32 zip file. However, I first went to the web page displayed by google and clicked the translate function. (the code as in englishe) You can take any 'readme.txt' stuff and cut and paste it into a free web site that does translation if necessary.

The code will convert the screen to a bit map; ergo, it does do graphics.

PS. We also migrated from a wang system

We have Wang Cobol main frame for more than 20 years, it work great, but my boss want to migrate to PC open Cobol use
Acucobol or Micro focus Cobol. Does anyone has problem,
experience with these 2 language above ? which one is better ? thanks.

We are almost finished with our Wang Conversion.
We chose Acucobl and everything seems to be working fine.
We also used a Company name Unicon Conversion Technologies
to do the Conversion Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back