Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRCP Exam # 1, more difficult than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPeck

Programmer
Feb 25, 2004
US
I just took the 1st exam (RDCR200A) and it was harder than I expected. The questions are very fine-grained so it became a test-taking challenge as opposed to knowing how to write a report. I had minimal experience with Crystal prior to the test but spent considerable time reading G. Peck's "Crystal Reports 9: The Definitive Guide". The real tricky part were the questions that said "Check all that apply", those are hard to narrow down.

What would have worked best would have been sample tests, but I am not aware of these being available. Even taking the course seems like it wouldn't have helped all that much, unless they teach the test so you've memorized things like whether an option is on Tab A vs. Tab B (which wouldn't matter a hill of beans if you were writing a report, just check out both tabs).

CRCP Crystal Reports Certified Professional All-In-One Exam Guide (All-in-One)
by Annette Harper
Says its available soon from amazon.com currently at $40

Does anyone know anything about this new book, or when this is due to be released.

In theory, this would work out cheaper than the three course downloads from examhints.com

Cheers,
Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back