Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRCP 'All In One' question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav12345

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
GB
Hi,

After a number of attempts to start studying towards this certification, I'm finally in a position where I have the time (and motivation) to get it done. Various factors (including posts in this forum) in the past had made me question whether it was at all worth it, but I've decided that I will learn new stuff / consolidate existing skills enough to make the time and effort worthwhile.

But I digress - I'll be using a combination of Annette Harpers CRCP book, the Crystal XI Help files, and the example papers from examhints.com to hopefully get me through. My question is: From the CRCP book I know I need to study parts II and III for the exam. - In part III, do I need to study the 'elective' chapters in detail (chapters 22, 23 and 24), or are these surplus to the Crystal XI exams?

Secondly, does anyone know (hopefully AnnetteH might if you're around?!) where I can find the errata for the CRCP book. The sage-link.com website is now apparently something very different.

Many thanks, Gavin

I checked the XI examination competencies and chapter 22, 23 and 24 are not covered in the XI exams. I did not see any questions on those topics either in the real exams.

ztcll

Thanks ztcll. I'll skim these chapters but that should save me a few hours. Gavin

I've taken the exam and on the last question the hard drive failed at test site. So I have a pretty good idea about most of the questions. If anyone else is studing for this exam contact me and we can share information. I'm getting ready for a retest but unsure about some of the questions. I have the training guides and still can find the dang answers to some of the questions, I would like just to know for my own good.

I believe that the Boson simulation exam was written by Clark Timmons who also served as a technical editor for the CRCP All-In-One. I have not seen the simulation exam, but Clark was great at verifying the technical accuracy of my book, so I would expect the exam to be high quality.

Annette Harper

Thanks Annette,

I was just looking for some one who actually used it and benefits from buying it, nevertheless, your words are most apprecatied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back