Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRC on serial interface 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2002
TR
i have a Tellabs DXX HTU-2M and connected to cisco 4000 serial interface. It show CRC increasing on serial interface but no CRC on modem..
what does this CRC mean? where it comes from?
from the cable between modem and router or from the line itself to my ISP.

Regards,

Well, the CRC stands for Cyclic Redundency Check, and is just a way of checking to see if the data that was sent is getting recieved without errors. If you are getting increasing CRC errors then that means the data is getting messed up on transit from the source to your equipment. Alot of times this can be caused by bad cabling (ie. a cable needs to be replaced) or a line issue(ie. there could be bad lines that are transmitting the data). You can try replacing the cabling, but you should probably contact your ISP to see if they are getting the same errors, and see if they can start line testing with the telco.

Burke

In the other side (ISP side) there is no CRC. We have 5dbm loss in the line (it is 4 wire copper 0.4 mm cable Tellabs DXX HTU-2m). I think Telco has the problem. Line length is maximum 4 km.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back