Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRC Error during new install - Mitel 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

GedsbTech

Programmer
Jul 5, 2010
CA
I'm using an 80gb Hitatchi drive in a Mitel 3300 MXe controller. Everytime I try to install release 4.0 I get CRC errors and on different files while trying to download them from local ftp. I've tried different machines as my FTP and still get the same errors

the error i get is:

gzip: db.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error

or sometimes it will be cc.tar.gz or it will make it past both of those files to helpfiles.tar.gz.

I've tried the hard drive in a different controller and I can install the software through a different controller fine. I'm guessing theres something wrong with this specific controller, and hopefully theres a simple solution.

I'm using these commands through VXWorks:

boot device = motfcc 
processor number =0 
host name = bootHost 
file name = Boot_install 
inet on ethernet = 192.168.1.2:ffffff00 
host inet = 192.168.1.9 
user = mitel 
ftp assword = mitel3300 
other = FixParition

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Your commands are for an unformated hard drive and look ok. I would say that there is a problem with the controller since the software and the hard drive work in another system. We usually keep the controller cards when installing the RAID card in an MXe. Got any lying around you could swap out. Otherwise check all the cables associated with the hard drive to make sure they are securely connected to the system. Past that get a replacement.

There may be no i in team but there are three f's in fudge off.

Wiggle-niggle your connectors. Might not give you a warm and fuzzy if it works though....

In this step the original .gz file is located in RAM, so the only possible problem is network connection which damages data. Also I had this issue onece when for some unknown reason my installation package on my laptop HDD become damaged. Maybe X-ray machine in the airport, maybe something else. So I had to download original installation and then it went through.

or bad RAM.....

However I'm not convinced that this is the case. The Boot_Install load is indeed directly loaded into RAM, however it would then parition the drive, ftp the .gz files to the drive, then extract them. Then again, I haven't done this in a while and my memory could be foggy.

Boot_Install should be with a capital 'I' it is case sensitive

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

A couple of issues with what you have in the boot parameters. Perhaps you only mistyped here but it is okay on the box??

boot device = motfcc
processor number =0
host name = bootHost
file name = Boot_install (This should be Boot_Install capital I for Install)
inet on ethernet = 192.168.1.2:ffffff00
host inet = 192.168.1.9
user = mitel
ftp password = mitel3300
other = FixParition (This should be FixPartition you forgot the first t)

Also, I have had issues with some types of FTP servers as they don't all have the complete set of FTP commands available that the Mitel will attempt to use. What one are you using?

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

So I wiggled all my connectors, double checked all my typos and I've been using the IIS FTP through windows, and it would still crash on the same file. I finally got some spare parts yesterday and replaced the ram, and the controller is back up and running perfect.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back