Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRAXDRT Error Occurred on Server. 507

Status
Not open for further replies.

gashcud

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
AT
I found the following post from July 29 2003 and I am having the same problem. Unfortunately there haven't been any replies and crstal decision do not have any documemts referring to this error. So may there is someone out there who can help

thx
Gashcud

I use Crystal 8 professional edition. Reports are generated by ASP page using Crystal viewer to view the report. We do pass the parameter to a stored procedure to populate the report with data (SQL Server 2K). Sometime we can generate report successfully and sometime get this error "CRAXDRT Error Occurred on Server. 507 : An exception occurred". Please provide me information, how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance
HT

We have just started experiencing the same problem. I've searched the internet for others who have had this issue, but there aren't many instances of this error out there. And, those instances that are there do not seem to have any resolution.

We are on Crystal 9 Service Pack 2 (V 9.2.3.787). The error we get is 'CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server. 507 : An exception occurred'

Only option is to press OK

I find this error pops up after running several reports just fine. Then, I'll run one report and it seems to 'hang'. The word Done appears on the status bar, but no report previews. If I close out of the ASP page and go back
in to run the report again, I receive this error. Then if I try to run any other report (even some that I successfully ran just prior to this error), I also receive the error. I find if I get out of the program and wait about 20 - 30 minutes, go back and run the report, it will run okay.

So, what is causing this error? What does an error 507 mean?

Thank you.

Hope your issues are resolved by now. If not, please read on.

Session Timeout is usually set to 20 minutes on the web servers. Some of the session objects created by crystal reports are cleaned after this timeout. Cleaning the session objects might be resulting in the report coming up OK after waiting for 20 minutes.

For trial purpose, change the timeout value to 1 or 2 minutes, then retry the reports.

If you are using ActiveX viewer then, for cleaning up the session objects, Crystal Reports has given a CleanUp.asp which is called in OnUnload event of SmartViewerActiveX.asp

John

I am receiving similar errors. I have not had much luck with Crystal support.

CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server. 13: Type mismatch
CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server. 507: An exception occurred
CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server.-2147352565 : Unable to move because the rowset is empty.

I use Crystal 9 Developer edition. Reports are generated by ASP page using crystal viewer to view the report. We are passing the parameters to a stored procedure to populate the report with data (SQL Server 2000). The reports generate and run successfully but then when scrolling through the pages in the report viewer the 507 error box will appear. This can happen whether it is the first or fifth report that has been run. The 13 error box appears upon trying print the report. The error is random. I am using the crystal cleanup.asp.

Any other suggestions?

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue. We recently upgraded our servers to windows 2003 and are now getting the 507 error when we attempt to export a report to excel. We are still using Crystal Report 8.0.

Thanks for any info,
Rich

After much research this is what I found and informed Crystal of.

This is used to correct the CRAXDRT error that we were receiving on the report viewer. This happened when a report contained multiple subreports and the last subreport to print would contain no data. Here it is:

1) Create a dummy subreport. Here is what mine looks like.

Code:
CREATE PROCEDURE pr_cmSubreportFix_Report 

AS

SELECT 
	' '
GO

2) In crystal create another report footer. Insert the subreport into the footer. Do Not suppress the report footer. (The subreport and section can be resized to take up almost no room for layout purposes.)

3) Open the subreport and suppress all sections.

This has resolved our CRAXDRT errors. I would like to know if this resolves anyone elses problem. Good Luck.

That sounds like a different issue. I'm just exporting a simple report (without subreports) to excel or rtf format. As soon as I specify the filename to export to and click save, the CRAXDRT 507 error message is displayed. I think I'm missing permission somewhere, but I can't track it down. This same thing works on our development server with same OS.

Thanks for the reply,
Rich

It's a security issue ( as so often with Server2003/IIS6.. *@#^&!!)

The problem lies in IIS 6 which prevents CR from doing some stuff to some folders when it wants to create the files to be exported.

You have to run your website under IIS 5.0 Isolation Mode if you want CR to be able to create the export files.

How to do this is described in the following link:

Hello,
We too are experiencing CRAXDRT Error 13.
We use Fourth Shift as our ERP package, and this uses Crystal 9 reports. Our Acknowledgement has many Sub Reports in it. This is to provide Multi Language Reports.
If a report is more than 1 page, clicking the next page, we get a Error 13 type Mismatch.
But on our Test server there is no problem.
I have tried putting an empty Sub report at the end of the acknowledgement, but this does not work.
I have noticed that in the ASP page there is a Reg Class :2DEF4530-8CE6-41c9-84B6-A54536C90213 But both servers point to the same up to date dll.
Has anyone found an answer to this problem ?

For both Active X View and Crystal Reports 9, download the required hot fixes.

For the Action X View, cr90devwin_en .
After the fix has been downloaded check for current version. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin\craxddrt9.dll
Current Version - 9.2.3.1289

For Crystal Reports 9, cr90mainwin_en.
After the fix has been downloaded check for current version. To check for the correct version, open Crystal / Help / About Crystal Report. Current Version - 9.2.3.1336.

These fixes have been successful in correcting our errors.

What a crystal nightmare!
I have a report, with one sub report, works fine in the crystal ide, but not running stand alone under iis 6 on win server 2000.
I get either "CRXDRT Error occured on Server. the field name is not known," and then after that, "CRXDRT error occured on server. 13 type mismatch."
The error occurs when clicking on the subreport, and has been working fine for ages.
Once the error occurs, you cannot page or anything.
The problem does not occur when running in the report designer.
On (now rare occasions) it does actually work, but not for long.
Also re; above to do with serving reports from iis, i have found that if you close the report window before it has finished rendering the report, it actually crashes the crystal components!!, and iis. so if someone closes the report window enywherem, whilst rendering, the next person to run a report get an error, they haveto click ok, then close , and reporen the report. (iis will restart the components again, but only when a report is requested, not just after they crash out)
Have to live with that one for now, untill we c an get reporting services up and running. then ditch crystal, an old dog like this needs putting down.
Its one problem after another with crystal, cant be relyed upon for anything, apart from you can garantee that you will end up spending far tyo much time fighting it, to get it to do what you want.
So it reitterate,
The report works fine when in the designer, but not when runnign live. Another typically time wasting problem from crystal, thanks for that.
We are running 8.5, so could well do with upgrading, but are not about to send more good money after bad.
I can only presume that newer versions fix some problems, and introduce a whole load more.
And the price! far to much, they should be paying us for the burden of using it.
Please take me a way from crystal before i break something.

oh yes, and what about that old "failed to save document" error, what on earth is that about!
Get me out of here;;;;

Im trying.... will get there in the end......

lol, we are on cr 9 actually. prod vers 9.2.3.970
Ill check for hotfixes ect, see if that helps

Im trying.... will get there in the end......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back