Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRAXDRT error occurred on server. -2147192179 Server Has Not Yet Been

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshmehta

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2002
IN
I'm working on a web reporting system (ASP based system) and I get the following error: CRAXDRT error occurred on server. -2147192179: Server Has Not Yet Been Opened.

I'm using Windows 2000 server and SQL Server 2000. The Problem is When I Call a Crystal Report File throught an asp page the browser doesn't shows any thing accept the blank activex viewer screen. When i clicks on the referesh button in the toolbar of activex viewer following error is shown "CRAXDRT error occurred on server. -2147192179: Server Has Not Yet Been Opened" When I clicks ok the browser closes its own.

I m creating a recordset in asp page and then i pass this recordset to the crystal report file. The fields in the recordsets are matched to the fileds in the crystal report using the autosetunbound field method of crystal report object.

But when I create a report which saves the data with crystal report and call that report in the browser that report is displayed perfectly without any error.

This shows that there may be following causes of report not running when passing recordset at run time:

1. Either report is not able to connect to SQL at run time.
2. Either security setting of IIS is not permitting Crystal Report to connet SQL and get data from it.

I have searched whole documents related to security in IIS and SQL (authentication mode viz., mixed and windows) but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Is anyone can help me to point out where the problem could be. I have fad up with the problem.

The reports run absolutely fine on my machine but when i install it on a remote server then the problem arises.

Can anyone tell me what are the settings that i m not able to catch up are really causing the problem.

Mahesh

Thanks for your reply. I went to the site Crystal Decisions specified in your reply.
That document is usefull if you r connecting through ODBC. But i m not using ODBC at all. So that documnet did not helped me to sort out my problem. I m using OLEDB connection.

I did one thing to sort out the problem. I changed my backend to Microsoft Access in a report then i tried to runn it on the remote server. The recordset was created at run time in ASP file and passed to Crystal Report in the same way when using SQL. To my surprise the report runn fine.

So, i think the problem is with SQL. There is some settings that i have to set so that my report can connect to SQL at run time.

If you have any idea then pl. tell me.

Mahesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back