Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

craxdrt.dll non registration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaspict

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
GB
CR8.5
VB6 sp5
win98

Craxdrt.dll will not register on a win98 client machine.
Have tied deploying client application with MS Deployment and Packager and tried registering it manually.

Runtime error 429 cannot create activex object occurs on the client machine when the application is run, just before trying to disp[lay the crviewer.

Very unimpressed with CR8.5 - was it released to early?

If it won't register, then there's a problem with one of the dependency files. The list of dependencies for a DLL is in the .DEP file.

Either one of the dependency files is not being included in the kit or it's in the wrong directory relative to the path in the .DEP file.

There's one known problem with building a kit on V8.5 with respect to CRAXDRT:

Also another possibility is if you have multiple versions of Crystal on the PC and it's picking up the wrong versions of dependency files.

I am experiencing exactly the same 429 error with some of the dll's not registering on Win98 client machines. Did you manage to find any more details on the issues behind these problems? Would really appreciate if you could send some info on this.
Regards
Samir

Distributing VB/CR apps has always been a nightmare for me. One thing that has helped me is to ensure the dll's are registered in the same location as from where you are deploying them (source and target machines). Another problem with craxdrt.dll has been with the atl.dll file. I think you must distribute the same version as on your development machine. If the target machine has a newer version, it won't be replaced by the setup package. In these cases, I unregister it on the target machine, rename it atl.old, copy the version from the development machine, register it, then run the setup.

I do try all the solution provide (for example regiser the atl.dll) and change the Dependicies file as what crystal recommended. But I still can't register the Craxdrt.dll on Windows 98 first edition and windows 95.
What should i do now .

Saved me too. Thanks. You would think there would be some reference to this on the Seagate Site, but noooo.

I use MS Visual Installer and simply include MFC42.MSM in the install.

Watch out for the ATL issue (you can't just blindly copy over the atl.dll because different operating systems require different versions). Including the ATL.MSM in the install takes care of these differences automatically.

hth,
- Ido CUT & Visual CUT: e-mailing, exporting, bursting, distribution, and scheduling of Crystal Reports:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back