Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crashing problem with ActiveX Dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinchan

Programmer
Jun 13, 2002
SG
I am building an ActiveX control using VC++. However when I tried to insert another ActiveX control (eg. FlexGrid) in 1 of my dialog box, my program crush when I tried to show the dialog box at runtime (hWnd = NULL). After I delete the active control from my dialog box, everything runs fine.

it looks like an activex control creation problem :)
trace your dialog creation process -- exactly to the point where your client activex control and investigate the reason for the creation's failure. i would go for a stupid reason like not initializing ole before trying to create or something like that. could be a control specific problem though, that could be beyond you :). Example: i had a control failing to create because it looked for some file and did not find it !?!? it was created successfully when i added the file in the PATH variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back