Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crash, WHats the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Okay here is the deal. When I start up Windows 98 Second Edition it loads normal (When I do it in safe-mode it works fine, and no error messages show when booting), But when it gets to the Windows 98 Screen it Freezes. Last time through it loaded my backround image for my desktop before freezing. Computer has a 700MHZ Processor Pentium 3 with 128 MB of SDRAM. Its in a IBM PL300 Case but I believe it has been upgraded extensivley. All help (General or NOt) is greatly appreciated.

I would start with the easy stuff first.. Start>run>type in msconfig>OK>start tab> uncheck everything on the list then try rebooting,,"normal" and see what happen's .. If it boots then you will know that it's in one of the programs in the start menu, If so put in one at a time till you isolate the program causing the problem..If it still dosn't boot you will know that it's in one of the programs that isn't loaded in SAFE MODE.. At least this will give you a place to start looking..good luck

If it has a Nic Card pull it and see if it will boot.. "More Than Merely Names"
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back