Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR8 Pro and ActiveX viewer not WYSIWYG???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp8103

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
What am I doing wrong. I have a simple report, set up in landscape legal format. The first column is a concatenation of a string and number (field1 & CStr(field2)). The number is always a whole number. But regardless, when viewed in ActiveX viewer, the number portion has 2 decimal places tacked on?? HP 724.00 or SP 372.00??? When I view the report in CR, it of course comes up fine.
Secondly, I have put the rows and columns into a grid made by simply drawing horizontal and vertical lines and setting their properties to either 'Extend to bottom of section' or 'Move to bottom of section'. I also have a group on the report whose property is set to keep together. While the data may end before the whole page is filled, the vertical lines continue down into the empty white space. Again in CR, it views and prints just fine.

Nik.

for the first part of the problem, try creating a formula and converting the number to a string using "ToText" to format the output. "totext({NumberField}, 0)" should work.
I have not messed with the manual grid problem in a while, but make sure that your vertical line does not extend to the bottom of your detail section.

Tried the ToText thing. No effect. Viewer still reformats the output.

On the grid lines. The problem with not extending them is that my row can (and do) grow so I cannot simply define one length of vertical line and have it work.

Nik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back