Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR8 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbltt25

MIS
Nov 29, 2000
US
I have recently upgraded from version 7 to version 8 of Crystal Reports. However, I have something going on that I have not seen before with any install. When I start Crystal, I have no problems opening any reports that I have written in any other versions. But, when I want to create a report, my machine completely freezes. This machine is Windows 2000. I have done a complete uninstall and re-install to see if I could reproduce it, and I did. Does anyone have any idea why I could have all the functions of CR8 working fine, expect creating a new report?? Any ideas or suggestions, I appreciate!!

This is something that I have never seen before...
Thanks ahead of time!!
s-)

Does this happen as soon as you click File - New or do you get further?

What happens if you open an existing report and attempt to load the report expert using:

Report - Report Expert

Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

The computer freezes when I go to File New or click on the new button from the toolbar. I can open previously written reports and modify them without any problems. I cannot even get the report expert on this PC. Like I said, I have never this happen before with any software.

thanks!!

This will sound crazy and I have no explanation for it. I had the exact same problem running Windows 2000 Server. I had 128Mb RAM and upgraded to 384Mb. After that, it worked fine. When I removed the extra RAM, it went back to freezing. Not sure if this will help or not since I can't see the correlation. Joseph Logan
Softsource, Inc.
Software Engineer
jlogan@softsource.net

I have one NT Workstation 4.0 SP5 with 32MB of RAM. CR 8 is working fine on this computer. However, my laptop that is Windows 2000 with 64MB of RAM is the one that is giving me problems. I have uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times already. I have been searching Seagate's website to see if anyone else is having anything similiar. I have not seen anything yet.

Thanks for your help!!
Tonya

That link is correct. I had to make some changes to my display settings. This is working now. Thank-You for all of your help!!
Tonya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back