Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR8.5 Error 998 when picture-blob-field in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarnickBolle

Programmer
Feb 7, 2003
BE
Hi,

We use CR8.5 with MS SQL-server 2000. In the SQL-server there are image-fields in some tables. When we make CR-reports with an image, it is automatically inserted as a blob-field.

This works excellent at our computer, but when we place the rpt-reportfiles with pictures at our customers computer, we get "Error 998". The other reports (without pictures) at our customers computer work correct. The problem exists only with rpt-files that contain a picture.

What can be the problem, because at our computer it works excellent??

Thanks a lot!

You asked me: "Do they have a full install of Crystal Reports, or is this a distributed application?"

The answer is: No!

So maybe you are right, and they are probably missing one or more DLL(s), but which one(s)???

Thanks a lot!

Hi Marnick!

Would u tell me the way you placed pictures in SQL table and then in your reports?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I found the solution with help from CR-website.

I had to copy new versions of this DLL's:

crpe32.dll
p2sodbc.dll
pg32conv.dll
sscsdk80.dll

Now it works all OK!

Thank you for your time.

Marnick.

I'm using CR 8.5 and when I use native connection, I have problem with displaying fields with datatype of BLOBs. Where can I get these files?..and if these are applicable to CR 8.5.

Thanks!

Hi Kimmie01,

We have CR85 Professional Edition installed on a computer, and found those files by using the standard Windows search file utility.

I'm not sure those files are included in every version of CR85.

Hope this can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back