Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR10 Oracle odbc problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrong

Programmer
Sep 27, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm trying to write a report in CR10, using the Oracle-provided ODBC driver (v 9.02.00.65), hitting an oracle 9i database. My problem is that I can't see all of the schemas I need to. For example, I can see mine (MSTRONG), but I can't see the YCCDBS schema. I think the last time this happened we needed to upgrade our Oracle clients on our pc's, but this is the latest 9i ODBC on the Oracle website. Anybody have this problem, and can I avoid changing a whole bunch of reports to use a CR Oracle driver?

Click on Database->Verify database

-LW

That didn't do it. I can't see this schema even creating a new report and logging out of/into the server.

There are two possibilities of the top of my head.
[ul][li]Might check with your DBA and see if you have rights to view the database.[/li]
[li]Or you may have to update your TNSNAMES.ORA to pick up the database[/li][/ul]

Yeah, checked those already. I can definitely see all of the other schemas through other apps (ms access, Excel) using the same ODBC, so it's definitely an interaction with CR10 and that driver.

In general you DON'T want ot use the Oracle supplied odbc driver, use the Crystal supplied odbc.

Better yet, use the Crystal Oracle native connectivity, it's faster.

-k

Hi,
Also check to be sure you do not have any screening options set on the database -
Look at the the File..Options..DataBase tab to be sure.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back