Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR10 / CRXI exam similarities

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav12345

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
GB
Hi,

This is really a question for AnnetteH but if anyone else has any ideas they'd be very welcome. - How similar are the old exams for CR 10 and the new BO ones for CR XI? Basically I'm wondering if I can learn most of what I need to know from the existing CR 10 All-In-One exam guide (plus a couple of years of experience I should add), or if I should be finding other sources of information.

Thanks, Gavin

Gavin,

I believe if you study Part II and Part III of the All-In-One exam guide, plus the new features in XI that are mentioned on the BO exam guide you should be adequately prepared. Part IV of the All-In-One exam guide mapped to the third exam which has been dropped for XI.

Version XI is not fundamentally different from 10, but the new capabilities are hit on the exams. These are some of the differences:
"Design Environment" - there are changes to the look and feel.
Anything related to "Crystal Enterprise" is now "BusinessObjects Enterprise" so the "Managing Reports" section is somewhat different. Also repository use is slightly different.
"Dynamic Cascading Prompting" is new.
"Parameterized TopN" reporting is new.
"Dynamic Graphic Locations" is new.
There may be others I've missed.

Would there be interest in a e-book hitting on the changes in the exams between version 10 and XI?

Annette

Thanks Annette, that's useful. I personally would be interested in an e-book about the exam differences. As far as I'm aware yours is the only book specifically targeting the CRCP exams, so an add-on with additional information about the XI exams could only be a good thing.

Gavin

I would also be interested in this e-book (especially for the 2nd exam) hopefully by the end of the year.

Thanks

I am currently in discussions with the publisher about updating the book for XI. I will keep you all informed about any decisions that are made.

I just took the Level One exam this morning and made a 68%... failing by 2 points. You can bet they covered every item that Annette listed below as being different from version 10, and in an ambiguous fashion. Yes, I am "sour grapes" and out 150 bucks. No, make that 300 since I'm just going to take it again next week.

Annette any new news on the update or eBook?

Not yet. I can't seem to get a definitive response from the publisher. I told them last week that I had to know soon since I have scheduling issues myself.

Ok cool - I just bought your book from amazon and i'm goign through it keeping your "change log" that you posted here in mind.

Annette~
I think an e-book on the exam guide would be excellent...
I am planning to take my CRCP sometime in the next 6-12 months...and it would be very helpful...
We just added your CRCP Exam Guide to our product line and I am currently working on an information sheet myself for people who are interested in taking the exam...
the who, where, what, why, and how...etc., etc.
Thanks for all of your valuable information!
Boni
:)

Boni J. Rychener
Hammerman Associates, Inc.
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
800-783-2269

Great!

The e-book would cover only the changes for XI. I am still waiting on a decision from my publisher as to the format they desire.

yep that is what I was interested in...I have purchase a copy of your CRCP Exam guide through work...just needed the changes between the two versions...
I have to say that so far this CRCP guide is EXCELLENT...
Thank you for all of your hard work!
Boni
:)

Boni J. Rychener
Hammerman Associates, Inc.
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
800-783-2269

I printed out the errata mentioned by Annette above. However, there is one omission I've found so far: p. 73 - the snapshot after step 16 is exactly the same as the one after step 15. It obviously does not match what needs to be done in step 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back