Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR Viewer browser plug in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchbox88

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
US
If I'm creating reports that users are going to access through a web page, and I want them to use the CR Viewer plug in, do I need the developer version of Crystal, or anything special? Or do the users who will be viewing the reports just need to download the viewer?

Do you mean the web component server, report viewer for java, CE, RAS or ?

What version of Crystal?

Consider using RAS:

If you are simply inquiring about delivering reports via a browser, consider just asking for suggestions on how to do so, rather than asking aboiut spoecific tools (CR viewer plugins).

-k

Crystal 8.5

Sorry about the vague question.

I guess I was thinking about the activeX plug-in.

What are your suggestions about delivering reports via a browser? It will be a SQL Server 7 backend, and webforms for the front end.

Thanks!

How do I share a Crystal Report (.rpt)?
Simply select File, Save As and you will see “Enterprise” listed on the left hand side. Select a
folder within Enterprise to save to and voila, the report is instantly available via the Web."

Synapsevampire, the above text is directly from the document to which you refer. However, when I attempt to save a .rpt to Enterprise, first I get a "Logon to APS" authentication box with either Enterprise, LDAP, or Windows NT within a drop down box; APS server showing the name of the computer, user name - me, and a password line. I enter every password i can think of, even leaving it blank and I get an error box with text "Unable to retrieve cluster members. APS host <computer name> can be contacted, but there is no APS running at port 6400". This also happens when I toggle between the three choices in the authentication box.

Is there another step Business Objects is not telling me? I have been after this solution for over a week and have found 0 (zero) documentation on it.

You seem versed in this. Can you help me and others?

Thank you.

VNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back