Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR Server XIR2 Java Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSFisgard

Technical User
Nov 7, 2006
Anybody have any ideas as to why I might not be able to use/view my Java Admin Launch or Java Infoview pages? I keep getting a 502 error. I'm trying to figure out whether its my machine, javav version installed or Crystal.

Any help would be awesome.

Is your server local or behind a proxy/firewall? Error 502 typically means that your proxy/firewall server received a bad response when it connect to the destination address.

Have you ever been able to access it? If yes, can you think of what might have changed to affect this?

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver / locations / fields, fonts / colors, etc.) at the same time.

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

Its a local server. This actually happens while I'm sitting on the server machine. Yea I've been trying to think of what might have changed, but nothing pops up.

Thanks for help.

Can you describe the server environment a little further. This is a Windows 2003 Server? And the browser is IE 7? And you've installed XI's Java InfoView with the defaults - Tomcat on port 8080?

You are connecting to something like:
Correct?

Could it be your IE settings on security are too high? Have you tried going in to TOOLS|INTERNET OPTIONS|SECURITY and setting the local intranet to a medium-low level and also in the connections tab when you go to lan settings is "Proxy Server" enabled? If yes, try disabling that.

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver / locations / fields, fonts / colors, etc.) and enterprise meta data (i.e. schedules, formats, destinations, instances, etc.) at the same time.

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back