Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 8, how to pass in parameter into report with 2 subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksbigfoot

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
CA
I have a report that requires Parameter1,
Also, I have created 2 subreports that require the same Parameter1.
When I run this report from within the Designer, I have to enter in the value 3 times.
I am calling this report from a webpage and I only pass the value in once. Is there a way to share the parameter amongst the report and subreports?
Thanks

Yes there is a way to link the parameter from the main report to its subreports.
Remove the parameter1 in the 2 subreport so that you will it will not prompt for values.Then,
Open your main report then,at design view.Right click at the subreport.and then select the "Change subreport Links".A window will appear.there you will see the list of available fields and parameters from the main report that can be used to link on the fields of the subreports.so select the Parameter1 from the main report and then choose the field from the subreport where you want to be link.And then click the ok button.

Hope this helps.I use this strategy on crystal report 8.5.I think its similar to other version.

Hi copperkitten,
Sorry, I am new at this. When I bring up the Field Explorer and go to the Parameter Fields, I click on one of the Parameters and it doesn't give me the option to delete it. Do you know how I can remove the parameter?
Thanks

Hi cipperkitten,
I went into the .qry file and removed the parameters. Shut down the Crystal Reports and opened it back up and the parameters were no longer in my list.
Thanks again and a star to you.
ksbigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back