Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 8.5: I tried almost everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreman

Programmer
Jan 16, 2002
US
CR 8.5:
I tried almost everything but it is not working.
Report is grouped by cust#, to get sum(sales), sum(profit)
detail section is suppresed .
report:
detail a: (suppressed)
Group a: cust_id, name, sum(sales), sum(profit)
-----------------------------------------------------
Grand total: (This is where I am having problem)
Grand total:
Cust Count: xxxxx, gt_sum(sales), gt_sum(profit)
-----------------------------------------------------
Group is sorted by sum(sales) ascending or descending, same applies to profit. So far so good. report works fine.

What I am having difficulties is the need to restrict the list of group entered by user {Max_List_of}? let say 10 lines, or 9999 for all
(I am not using topN records since I do not have control)
I am also having problem on Grand total of sum(sales) and grand total sum(profit).
THe problem is I can not have a running total based on the group. and my group is printed based on a sum formula.
Please help
dré

Hi

As in the other post, if you give me your e-mail address, I will send you my Top N parameter report which allows me to total the Top N per group and also the grand total using 5 formulae (which is needed to show the Top N numbers per group but also the sum total for the Top N groupings).

MoJoP

Excellent MoJop:
azzi4@hotmail.com
Thank you.

Hi Dre

Just revisited the site to see you replied - the report has been sent. Please let me know if it was useful.

MoJoP

MoJoP:
Thanks for the report. I dod received it this morning. I haven't had a chance to look at it.
Definetely I will let you know. Give me a day or so.
Thank you again.
dré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back