Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 7 and Access 2000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomB

Programmer
Feb 23, 2001
DE
Can I use CR 7 Reports with Access 2000 ? I get an incorrect table list if I connect to an Access 2000 DB. Is there anything I have to know ?

Thanks
Tom

I think there is a new Driver that you need.
The link to the update has been posted here recently. If you keyword search you should find it. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

OK, may be I'm a little bit to stupid for that:

If I create a new report I can connect to Access 2000, no problem. But if I try to change the Database for an existing report from the old db to the converted one I still get an error ... ??? Can someone please open my eyes ?

Thanks
Tom

First: 'Unknown Function Name' (Headline: Database Error)
Then: ' Error detected by Database DLL'

I just figured out that some of the old Reports work just fine if I change the Database. Only a few come up with this errors .... ????

Thanks
Tom

That is a completely different type of problem. You need to identify what these reports (the ones that fail) have in common.

Are you running them from the design environment when they fail or from an App?

Check for which tables are used, and how they are joined.
Also check for subreports.

It is also possible that they use a User Defined function, and this function's dll isn't available on the new PC. This function would be in a formula. Are there any formulas that these reports have in common that aren't on the others?

Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Got it. It wasn't a CR thing at all. The converted database was a little bit screwed up (only one table). All reports that access this table came up with the error. Now everything is OK.

Thanks a lot, 'cause you put me in the right direction !

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back