Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 2008 failed to read parameter object, LOV doesnt show only text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougmoraes

Programmer
May 27, 2010
US
Hi, I'm trying to publish a report on the BOE, and the following message Failed to
read parameter object, I have to report 10 dynamic parameters and 7 static parameters,
the dynamic parameters are seeking information on command, I created seven commands
for the dynamic parameters and when I view the report in CMC, the combo with the
list of values does not show, only appears a text box to enter, anyone have any idea what could be?
Thanks
Douglas.

Dynamic parameters are stored as Business Views in the repository. When you save to BOE, you need to make sure the check the box labelled "Enable Repository Refresh" at the bottom of the save screen so that the LOV's will be updated.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I've saved by setting the option "Enable Repository Refresh" and did not work and displays the message Failed to read parameter object, I checked and I already have rights in the folder Dynamic Cascate paremeter, I do not know what may be happening because I posted two other reports and are functioning normally, but I still do not know what is the cause of the problem to some reports, does anyone know what could be happening?

Thanks!

Douglas.

I have the same issue; only 4 parameters, 2 dynamic and 2 static.
The report is based on a command. The "tables" for the dynamic parameters are also commands (needed to limit the data returned based on events for one company division). I will be interested on the answer to this one too!

We too have been having this issue. Text boxes where LOV's should be is unacceptable. Hope somebody comes up with a solution to this issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back