Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 11.5 and Dot Net 3.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImArchimedes

Technical User
Sep 25, 2007
I know that Crystal XI is not compatible with Dot Net 3.0. I assume 11.5 fixes this issue. Can anyone confirm this for me?

No, 11.5 does not - Crystal 10 and Crystal 2008 are the only versions that integrate with Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.0. There is no version of XI that will integrate.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Can you point me to a SAP-BOBJ link that clearly states that "There is no version of XI that will integrate with Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.0"...?

Thanks!

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

I don't have a link, but this is based on personal experience (a VERY frustrating week!) and info I have from conversations with a couple of folks at SAP early last year who indicated that there was no plan to integrate XI with the newer versions of VS.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I can remeber a talk about developer versions of Cr inside Visual Studio at the San Francisco Crystal conference a couple of years ago. Not sure those papers are still available on line - my printed notes are filed away somewhere.

Each version of Crystal that is included in Visual Studio is a xx.5 version that includes all the xx features, less some VS specific stuff (such as guidelines not supported in VS). Then along comes a Cr yy version that can upgrade the VS version. This only works with yy > xx.

So I believe you can upgrade 11.5 to 2008 (12.0 internally) but not to 11.0, 10.0 or anything earlier. Not sure what version is included in the new VS 2010 due shortly, but then Cr 2010 is due sometime this year to upgrade that.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

VS 2005 and 2008 both come with Crystal 10. XI will integrate with VS 2005 but not with VS 2008. Crystal 2008 will integrate with both. I, too, am not sure about VS2010.

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back