Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cpysplf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadec

MIS
Jan 22, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

I know if we want to copy a spool file to pc folder. I have to do:
1) copy spool file to a flat file with *PRTCTL.
2) write a rpg program to convert control character in the flat file.
3) cpytopcd

Anyone know better way to copy spool file? Like Java class?

Thanks

Jade

IMHO, you'd better off to use Alex Nubla's Convert Spooled file to Doc (CVTSPLFDOC), Convert Spooled file to HTM (CVTSPLFHTM), Convert Spooled file to Text (CVTSPLFTXT) and Convert spooled file to PDF(CVTSPLFPDF) utility.

See § Send Spooled File attachment by email, if interested.

Or ... Open Ops Nav, and "drag" it from spoolfile to desktop (or other PC location)

Thank you for giving me the link, Talkturkey. It's very useful. I'm interested in using zip file and convert pf to excel utilities too.

Thanks

I was just passing through this forum and thought of a couple of things ...

Copy the spool file to a data base then (assuming you have this) use Client Access to perform a file transfer to Excel.

OR

This is a good piece of software designed specifically for handling AS400 spool files - Symtrax Compleo. It copies and formats the splf into all sorts of PC formats - think you have to pay for it tho! (there may be something similar on the net that's free??)

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back