Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU usage runs at 100% on windows startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

zomby

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
CA
This happen to my pc a few days ago, only a week after my windows xp pro was install. Everytime I boot my cpu uses 100% making things slow when I work, by opening the task manager the cpu drops down to 0% right away and Im good to go, I can play games no problem. But opening the task manager each time I boot just to bring my pc to normal is really annoying! what could possible be causing this?

I already did all the neccessary things:

Windows XP Pro SP1a and all updates are done
Norton Anti Virus 2004 installed
Zone Alarm Pro 4 Firewall + router, well secured.
Search & destroy for spyware has already been done
Trojan removers, guards
Adware scanner
webattack cleanup
System Mechanic 4.0 registries fixed, and cleanup done.

Everything has been done and I cannot seem to find this problem. I wish I new whats causing the CPU run at 100% cause when the task manager opens I dont have time to check it has it drops back down to 0% in a second.

Thank you Kestrel1 for your response.

I have an onboard graphics card (Intel 810)

The Hard DIsk is 20 GB.

I dont know if it is so much of a RAM issue as this happens even right after boot up.

I will however take your advice and start a new thread. Since I am new, I thought that this might be the easier way for taking up an issue as it falls in line with the thread.

Rgds,
Sudhir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back