Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU Temperature/ Fan Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cojast08

Technical User
Apr 4, 2008
US
OK I have come up short on this so maybe it is not possible. I am looking for a script that will display the speed of the CPU fan and/or any other Fans in the computer(power supply or other) and also looking for a way to display CPU temperature.

This isn't directly (or at least title doesn't say) for fans, but it does pull in hardware info. It could possibly be a place to start:
Powershell Script to get Server CPU info, along with Cores and All NICs

That's an interesting idea. There are of course products already out there that give you loads of info. CPU-Z is one I've used. I've used others, but do not remember them right now. May not be a real-time monitor, though. I've used CPU-Z and others so seldom that I have a hard time remembering.

Well, here you go. This could be exactly what you need:
List Computer Fan Information

Those are both from:

I've never tried any of that, so no clue how well it works.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thank you for the information. I will give those scripts a try and let you know.
I was trying to avoid a third party app if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back