Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU-Switch and Keyboard Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadbilbao

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
ES
Hi!

I've just installed "Master View CPU Switch Cs-122", a device to
switch two CPUs with the same keyboard and screen.

When testing it on Windows, there is no problem, but
with HP-UX 10.20, some keys lose their funcion: Page Up and Down, Home
and End, Insert and forward Delete.

Iam trying to solve it by using XMODMAP, but I do not find any
solution.

Can anybody help me?

With any Unix OS and kvm combo start w/ a generic driver for kybd & mouse and move on from there. Unfortunately, more often than not, Unix requires some tweaking to get it to work w/ kvm's.

I'm using a cybex kvm switch without problems on HP9000/C360, other than my company's policy of using stupid kby mapping on the HP machines. I've got them switching between NT and UX without a problem other than screen resoulution, (can't match the machine at higher resoultion). I've got two (2) soon to be 3 C360s on the same KVM swt an there dose't seem to be any problems. They switch back and forth OK. BTW, the cybex swt is self contained no drivers no power supply.

Antistatic,

What cybex kvm model number are you using? Are your c360s using USB keyboard and mouse? if so did you by the USB to ps/2 adapter?

FloridaEngineer

the switch is Cybex 2 or 4 port made by Avocent the part number I used to buy the beasties was from my local supplier. If you do a search on the web for either of these names you should be able to find the company and a local supplier.

A quick look at the PDF documentation that came with it does not reveal a part number. As far as I can see in the documentation it DOES NOT come in a USB style, I am useing PS/2 mini-Din plugs. Seems to work well on the higher resolutions 1280 x 1024 so far. The only problems that I'm having with it is finger problems with the users they keep forgetting to hit enter after entering the command to switch monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back