Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.CPR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarstenJHilton

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2006
US
Greetings,
I have just recently joined a company as their Unix Sys Admin. While viewing some of their systems to document and etc... I came across a state file .CPR under the /usr folder. It is between 30mb and 31mb in size and the total size of all files together come out to be between 32mb to 33 mb total space. Why am I stating all this, well when I do a df -k I get a 91% full in that folder. Apparently when set up it was set as a partition unto itself. I have gone through to remove log files and what not that was not critical, but it doesn't seem to be enough. So here is my question. What exactly is the purpose of the .CPR state file, and can I delete it or modify it in any way? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karsten J. Hilton

If you don't use suspend/resume I'd say you can delete it. See man cpr for some info.

Annihilannic.

Annihilannic,
Thank you for your reply. I have done man cpr and saw what it is used for. I just wanted to make sure that if I did remove it that it would not break something, or perhaps it is something critical.

Karsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back