Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPQ Vs SWB

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hi,

What do you think of the new CPQ?

I used to make my configurations with SWB and it was quick and produced nice reports, CPQ is slow...

do you think Mitel will leave this as final solution for making configurations?

regards,

daniel

I'm of the same opinion as you.

SWB is quick and I knew exactly what I wanted and it was easy to generate a quick config.

I believe CPQ will be the final solution and SWB will cease to exist. The idea is that they will keep everything up to date on their server without the requirement for the user to do so.

I will also miss SWB. As stated it is easy to use and does what needs to be done in a straight forward manner. C{Q sucks just like any app that gets moved to a web version. It is slow and non-intuitive. Not sure how it is any more up to date than SWB. Every time I launched SWB it would update with the latest changes. I also like all the different reports it produced.

I prefer SWB and it was handy if no internet connection was available to quickly provide pricing to the customer.

+1 on being non-intuitive.

Yep, Mitel has decided to implement their new pricing tool, CPQ. To me, it's ok, so far. My biggest issue is that I haven't been able to figure out how to import my Partner Parts List from SWB. My Partner Parts List contains my 3rd party parts and I have quite the list. I thought that there'd be a way to import a Parts List to a section of CPQ so that after selecting Mitel equipment, you could go to the Partner Parts List to select 3rd party parts and equipment such as telephone faceplates for analog telephones.

I'm aware of the Loose Items mode but I have so many 3rd party parts that it'd take me a day to enter the parts one at a time. I don't have the time for that. Another thing I noticed is that if I do enable Loose item mode on the Configuration page, select SX200 (Hospitality), the equipment that comes with the base hospitality package is not there. If I then click on the Results tab, I get a message stating my configuration contains no components. It appears as though I may have to choose the parts for the hospitality package a la carte.

SWB is toast. Upon logging into Mitel Connect, there's a bulletin that was posted today called Mitel CPQ:CPQ FAQ. The last page of that document outlines a SWB/CPQ Transition Plan (Channel Partners). That will answer your questions. The short answer is that SWB support will be terminated in 2/28/17.

Not sure if it's ok to attach the document to this post, so I will not.

I have complaint several times to Mitel about this and they insist CPQ is better... I really don't see the advantages over SWB.

When customers call me and ask me for a particular product it takes me ages to answer. SWB was too quick.

Something not so brilliant should have happened that they re-enabled SWB. It's working at least to create MiVB and MiCollab configurations.

Mitel, we want SWB back, pleeeeeease

Not everything that you enherited is good

CPQ had potential as its centralized / web based and no longer requires downloads.

As per usual though they have released it with less functionality and its not intuitive

I am finding the same with the New AMC interface , some things are missing or no longer work ( notes email ...)

I don't think they have good enough field trials using real users to provide feedback before these interfaces go live.

The whole mitel connect interface is heading in the same direction so you may as well get used to it , the old stuff isnt coming back anytime soon.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

SWB is dead so we have to get used to CPQ.:(

You can't duct tape stupid.

Unless you do not approve any updates to CPQ. Made that mistake two weeks ago and boom! No more SWB.

I didn't like CPQ at first - it takes a little (A LOT of) getting used-to.... I forget where it was mentioned, but someone said "HTML apps are never as good as real Windows-based apps." That's very true - HTML is never as good as programs designed for the Windows OS. I don't use the SWB anymore as we have fully migrated to CPQ. CPQ is definitely centralized and I know our purchasing lady loves it as the quotes get moved over to the Online Store and it's basically "one-click" for her. It's also is easier when doing up configurations and you need your Mitel CAM to approve ADIs. At the end of the configuration process you can *Save to Mitel Server* and then it pops up "E-Mail, Quote or Close." I e-mail that link/URL to our CAM and she can find it very easily (with the link/CPQ # I provide). Much more efficient.

The only thing that I don't like is how it doesn't automatically assign licenses for the phones (IP phones). It tells you how many licenses you need and you have to manually add it. I would prefer if it was like the ONS licenses where there is an option to either input a manual number of ONS licenses (single line licenses now) or you can "auto license" for ONS/single line devices. That would be easier as our company never quotes UCC licenses (pre-packaged MiVoice Business + MAS/MiCollab licenses).

As for Mitel Connect (the new MoL, if you will), I like it. I think if you understood how it's connected to Mitel's SAP system in the background you may have a little more appreciation for it. It's integrated very nicely and I hope that Mitel moves everything off of MoL and uses Mitel Connect only (I think those days are coming).

Finally, as for the AMC, I've found no errors/bugs/DPARs. I use the e-mail functionality all the time and it's actually been improved in this release. We had a problem for YEARS with the old AMC HTML layout (e-mail never worked for us on the older version - could never notify customers their licensing was available for download - now we can).

Cheers!
The Mitel Guy

Has any one figured out a way to keep CPQ from timing out? I lost 2 configs open in multiple browser tabs (truing to simulate tabs in SWB) to compare different promos and discounting. Lost 4 hours of work. No prompting that session was ending.

Make sure you save your configuration to the Mitel server. That way when CPQ times out on you, it can be retrieved from the server at a later time.

I've left CPQ on my PC unattended for 30+ minutes and never had it time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back