Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPPM SPLIT mode and (HSP down) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABDOU.B

Technical User
Dec 3, 2018
DZ
hello!
im new worker on PBX NT cs 1000 E Rls.5.5
I have problem withe the redandansy when i use ld 135 .stat it response as the link below
the cp 0 is working withe (hsp down) and split mod
and cp 1 not available withe unknown pass
and the card of the seconde on is flashing RED LED

can someone help me plz

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e9ba0f07-0ac1-4e86-9de4-ff7234633abf&file=cpu_zi.PNG
It sounds like CPU 1 has the issue that's why the HSP is down. If the system is in split mode you should be able to reseat CPU 1 I would do this after hours just to be safe. Also if you have a TTY cable on CPU 1 you may want to plug a laptop into TTY 0 on CPU 1 and watch it boot up to make sure it boots up. If it does boot up the HSP should come back and the system may correct itself. If this does not happen you would need to do a STAT HEALTH in LD 135 to make sure the health states match if they do and you are still in SPLIT mode you can run the JOIN command from LD 135 to sync the system hope this helps.

Hello again thanks a lot , I tray what you told me to do but same result look what i get using the

LD135
.stat cpu
cp 1 3 pass -- ENBL

SYSTEM STATE = SPLIT (HSP DOWN)
DISK STATE = SPLIT
HEALTH=14
VERSION= feb 6 2008, 21:32:16
Side = 1, DRAM SIZE = 1024 MBytes
cp[1] located at IP¨MG [12 0 3]

cp 0 UNKNOWN PASS -- STDBY

SYSTEM STATE = NOT AVAILABLE
DISK STATE = NOT AVAILABLE
HEALTH = 14
VERSION = feb 6 2008, 21:32:16
Side = 1, DRAM SIZE = 1024 MBytes
cp[0] located at IPMG [UNKNOWN]
==================================

what's the meaning of that and Any thing to do in this case!!

You are going to have to reboot/sysload both sides to see if it will come out of this funk.

as you are split you should be able to log in to the standby side, is this the case? If it is does it look good (database fairly recent etc.). If it is not booting etc. then you may need to reload it, is the HSP over network or just the cable does the connection look good? As it is split once you get the offline side looking good you would need to issue the join command in 135

thanks ,,I have one more question can I use the JOIN command with the EM (Element Manager)!!? cause I havn't a TTY cable on the active cp 0

Yes, lD 135, join. The command has to be issued from the active CPU

The join command not working this what I get as message :

LD 135
.Join
CCED5027 Command is not valid when HSP is down.

you can ssh/rlogin to the offline side when system is split if its working, but really a TTY cable is a must to figure out what is going on with the offline side. Like the error says you need to get the HSP up and running before you can issue the join command

OK I INI the offline side and the HSP is UP now. But the join command still ot working this what I get now ::

ld 135
.join
.OK
SRPT0046 LCS: Cannot Join, the redundant partition is not synced, try CUTOVR first.

I thik that I must REST the bouthe side !!!!!

No had this before and it can be the offline side is well out of sync. When I had it offline side had no node details etc. You could try backup on active the move the flash and restore it on inactive, then sysload inactive and try the join again.

I did a full reload of the software, patched it to the same level and restored the database from the install menu. That worked but might have been overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back