Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPND 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earls56

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
I have on Option 11C that was partially programmed. It was meant to be used for special events. Due to the current disaster, I am using it as our main system. I am trying to get Calling Party Name Display to work. I have looked in the books for something in the Configuration Block or the Customer Block to turn it on. It is in the Package. When I try to use load 95 to add the name, I get a SCH code when I put in the Cust number in "0". The Error says CPND data block does not exist.

So I have the package but it is not turned on somewhere. I might have older books that doesn't show what I am looking for.

Any help is much appreciated, since I will be putting out phones and I know I will be getting asked what happened to the Names.

Earl

ld 95
new
cpnd

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

he's getting that code because the cpnd block is not built for cust 0..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The SCH code, I think is SCH2028 - I am not sure. I am not by the switch. The response for the SCH is the CPND block doesn't exit or something like that.

I checked the package and CPND is there. I just don't know where to go from here. Is it in LD 95 where you turn on the block for the Customer Number? Is there a different prompt that NAME for type? I will look in the books again in LD 95. I looked at LD 29 for Memory allocation but I could not get LD 29 at all. I am wondering if there is another Load for this in an Option 11C.

I would look for this on my MERL's CD but my CD Drive is not working at this time. I'll try to find another PC to use to look at it.

Thank you for your responses. Still looking for an answer,

Earl

John, I just realized what you wrote. I will try that and let you know. I wish I had remote access, but not at this time. I will need to set up a modem soon to save me some walking.

Thanks again,

Earl

ld 95
new
cpnd

about 4 lines des yes or no static or dynamic etc.. here's a copy of mine

Code:
TYPE CPND
CUST 0
CNFG ALON
MXLN 27
STAL YES
DFLN 27
DES  NO
RESN YES
CFWD CFWD
CFNA CFNA
HUNT HUNT
PKUP PICK
XFER T
AAA  A

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

I did it without your printout. I'll compare the two later.

Thank you very much,

Earl

pretty clean to get through, it only happens once per switch, after you know to look for it, like most commands, it's just another step

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back