Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPND info passing to the carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcooney

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2005
US
It appears the LD 95 name info along with the full telephone number is being sent to the called party end when using a new PRI we installed this past week. The original PRI does not pass the name info -- only passes the telephone number.

I have asked the carrier to check on this and they have told me both PRIs are set up the same (I am not confident this is the case, but I am not getting much attention). Assuming it is the carrier programming that is the issue, is there any way we can NOT send it so they can not pass it along? If yes, where does one do this? I have already done a comparison of the route and trunk programming on our side and they appear to be the same.

I've never seen them pass the CPND from 95 before.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

remove rcap ndi2

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I can't speak to the PBX side, but this could be either a CO issue or a PBX issue. Unfortunately, it may cause you problems. We had a customer that was sending their own name, and about 5% of the Central Offices that the customer called would reject the calls. We found out how to turn off the name at the CO, and the problems went away. The problem seemed to be that the terminating CO was being asked to dip a number that already had a name attached. Once the customer supplied name was removed, everything was good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back