Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPND and DES showing together. How to correct? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXrookie1

Technical User
Oct 25, 2018
CA
HELP! Does anyone know what LD number and what steps to take in correcting an issue with a CPND? Internal recipients of the calls from a particular client are seeing the CPND info programmed in LD 95 BUT are also seeing the DES (ex. John Smith; 17th). Is there a way to correct this and only show "John Smith"?

The DES is an informational field only. Not your problem. Out the name completely and add it back new in LD 95

I think you have the DES prompt in LD 95 CPND block set to yes.
Pretty sure that causes the DES to be appended to the name.

Thanks KCFLHRC but tried that to no success. Even outted the TN from the assigned DN and re-copied it. Problem still showing up. [sad]

Thanks StanleySteamer - will see if that works and get back to you (fingers crossed)

All these years and had no idea that prompt existed

DES (NO) YES Designator for Multiple Appearance DNs allowed

StanleySteamer - Do you happen to have the steps in Ld95 to change the DES? I went into LD 95, REQ = CHG, TYPE = CPND and from there on I am not certain how to proceed...(can't find steps in documents or online :()

Did you print the CPND to see if DES = YES?

LD 95
REQ prt
TYPE cpnd
CUST 0

To change:
REQ chg
TYPE cpnd
CUST 0
<cr> through everything until
DES no
<cr> through everything until back at REQ

Status