Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPN Substitution Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelmania

Technical User
Sep 19, 2008
GB
Hi all,

Can someone shed some light on a CPN substitution question, I have a 3300 with a ISDN 30 PRI link and 200 DDI numbers, receiving 6 digits, striping 2 and have four digit extension numbers matching the last 4 of the DDI number. I have tried to substitute extension numbers that are not within my DDI range (for mobile extension ports) to display something within the DDI range to the called party but always get the circuit base number. CPN works fine for numbers that ARE in the DDI range.

Using 8.0.9.20, embedded module for trunks

thanks in advance if you have time to read/reply

The problem is not with your CPN substitution programming. The problem will be with your PRI provider. Some providers do not allow you to send digits/numbers that you do not own. Some do, but I really wish that they wouldn't. I hate to call back numbers that don't really go to where they should.

If you are not part of the solution...

Then there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

I'm not understanding why you would want to do this.

When the ME ports call the cell, what purpose is there is providing a number that has nothing to do with the call. How is this better than displaying the main number?

Also, ME now has the capability to provide the outside callers number. Have you looked into this?

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I don't have the answer to this, but I think everyone is misinterpreting his question.

If I understand correctly, let's say his did range is npanxx4000-6000 and the circuit base number is npanxx4000. ME port 7000 forwards a call, he wants it to substitue npanxx4500 as opposed to 4000.

However, I don't have the answer to this.

You need to go to the form "DID Ranges for CPN Substitution" and create a new index. Enter the extension DNs in the DID range field and then enter the CPN you want to be displayed on outbound calls.

Once you have done that, go to the form "CPN Substitution" and add the index that you created in the last form.

Hi All,

thanks for the input, outphase84 has the scenario exactly spot on, I kinda figured that I could make any extension show a valid number within my ddi range , ie show the ME outbound call ports as the TUI number for people to call back in to, but that does not seem to be the case. Didnt know about the ME being able to show the originating callers id to the twined device, its 1.5 at the moment with 1.6 blade available to download, so will read up on that.

Thanks again all

1.5 has the ability to send the external Caller ID

It's under the Options tab:

External Caller ID: On/Off

You also have the ability to turn on:

Internal Caller ID: On/Off

I still have no idea why you would want to send the TUI phone number. This number has absolutely nothing to do with the call and would accomplish very little.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

External Call ID is enabled on ME but makes no difference, dont know if its a COS thing on the 3300. Reason I want to change the outbound CLI is that the base number is alocated to an extension (not by me I hasten to add!) so that the ME users know that the call was via their DDI number. Obvious answer is to change extension number that uses the base number of course !

If the cell phone is receiving CPN of the TUI extension then you're not going to be able to send differing CPNs from that TUI extension.

If the ME monitor is sending the CPN, then make an individual DID index for each ME monitor and substitute the CPN for the DID of the main extension.

I would be more inclined to look at why the CLID is not being sent out before going down this route.

havent got a CPN sub for the monitor DNs will add that in and see if it makes any difference. The CPN sub does work for extensions that match DDI numbers but anything that is not a DDI number just gets the billing number, tried a 5212 with non ddi number and it was the same as ME dialling out. The CPN sub for does specify "DID number" so I kinda think that a non DDI will not work, anyone know for sure ?

Your extension does not need to have a DID to output a CPN.

With the Mitel, you can "substitute" any number for CPN!! You are not restricted in what you program. You can also program the same CPN for multiple extensions! No restrictions!

eg.

ext 1000 can output a CPN of (987)654-3333 or it can output (765)876-9999 or it can output (000)000-0000 or (555)555-5555.

The only problem you may experience is that some providers do not allow you to output a CPN that you do not own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back