Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPMGR Logon Screen Changed 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
I have a CallPilot system version 5.00.41.97.

Within the last week, I have noticed that when I logon to CPMGR by entering my mailbox number and server name, these are not there when I logon the next time. Each time I have to enter these items whereas before I only had to enter my password. Under the Preset server list dropdown list field, the only option now available to me is to enter data manually but before I was able to select previous logon information.

At first I thought it might be an update to IE or microsoft but the same thing is occuring when I logon directly on the CallPilot server and this server is not patched nor updated by our network staff.

We have not had any patches installed within the last two weeks on the CP server (at least not that I'm aware of).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Can't tell you why but my 5.0 did the same thing

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Interesting...I have the same issue. Just started this week. Haven't tried the server itself yet.

Funny you should be saying this as well.... in APAC last week, our Rel 5 started doing the same thing.

We haven't picked a reason, but as a bit of a work around have found that if you turn on the Auto-Complete in the internet options, you get some better input.

Checked my auto complete settings in IE and it was all turned on. No change.

My platform is a 1005R but I know locally within my city two other installations have also experienced this and one as 1 1005R and the other a 600R so it doens't appear related to the type of platform, only the version.

If you check your main screen you will most likely see (ENTER DATA MANUALLY) in the Preset Server List instead of (LAST SERVER ACCESSED).
I have a TRP1002rp platform so it's not related to hardware

I have now received calls from 6 customer all reporting the same thing. this seems to have happened since July 1 possibly? No changes to the system, no additional patches, just now having to enter server information manually.

I would really like to know if this happening all over...

strange..

I work for a vendor and every CallPilot no matter what release or patch level seems to have this issue now.

It does seem to have started around July 1st.

I believe I have opened a can of worms!

Don't know if we will ever know why though!

I originally thought it was those dadblasted IT security freaks found another way to be a nuisance just because they have the keys. Ours started doing the same thing.

The only big thing I knew that happened on 7-1 was PCI compliance. I know it doesn't have to do with vmail, BUT it is a system on a network... It might have been prebuilt code. Like y2k or conficker! lol Just a thought.

And yes, it happened to me too. 5.0 on 1005r.

rt12

It looks to be that the cookie has expired on July 1st. Avaya is working on a fix.

Same thing is happening to my Callpilot Mgr screen.

One quick work around is:

Login to the Callpilot Mgr once you are in you will see the orange prefences box at the top of the screen, click on that box once in there you will see List of Preset Servers, click add then input your IP address of your callpilot give it a name and then click verify. Do this process again if you have more than one site. Click save and then logout. When you do this it will give now give you the option when hitting the "enter data manually" drop down box to select the callpilot site or sites you have added. Not the best overall solution but at least you don't have to remember to enter the IP address or name all the time.

Geez , I returned from vacation last week to find the same issue on 6 CP systems . Samething on 2 different PCs that I use for admin , I started to think that I had gone crazy ( crazier ) or that someone had given us another "undocumented enhancement" . Good to know it's neither .

what other items in Call Pilot are scheduled to stop working? This has to bee a huge government consipracy....

Have a good weekend everyone.

The default asp file is hardcoded with cookie experation. You can modify the default .asp file and extend the date to 2012 or later if you believe we'll still be around :)

This is on the server:

To modify the file open windows explorer and navigate to C:\Inetpub\Right click on the default.asp file and rename it to default.asp.old
Then right click default.asp and open. Use Notepad or text editer to open and search for 2010 and replace with whatever yr you want...that's 2011 or higher and not the other way.
Then select file and save as and name the file default.asp and verify it is saved to the C:\Inetpub\
It should work like it did before, or just take the extra 5 second and type in the address...

You just got yourself a star

Wonderful! The changed to the default.asp file worked! Thank you!

yyrkroon,

Thanks for the solution.

In my case, I wasn't able to save the changes right away. The file was marked read-only. If anyone runs into that problem, just right-click the file, go to Properties, uncheck the read-only box, and hit OK. Then you should be able to save the changes. You might want to re-set the read-only attribute using the same process when you're done.

Also, for fun, I tried setting the expiration to my retirement date (2/21/2040 -- ya, it's depressing), however that was too far into the future. I got this error:

The date and time given for 'Expires' precedes Jan 1, 1980 or excedes Jan 19, 2038, 3:14:07 GMT.

So, just make sure you set your expiration date sometime before 1/19/2038. :)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back