Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPII processor on side 1 will not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelmel

Technical User
Oct 3, 2006
US
Guys,
I have a CPII processor that has a utility card and an MMDU. This reduntant core has split and core 1 is not up. I have the HSP and Elan cables removed. When I had the etch hit the reload button on the CPII the CD ROM would flash and nothing happened. The MMDU would not open the CD ROM. Had the tech replace the MMDU...CD ROM opens. Butbooting the CPII card will not read anything. it does nothing. Changed the CPII and moved dongle...same. Could it be the utility card??? What am I missing here?

Thanks

Mel

We ran into this once before and have since requested when it happens again to send MMDU, CP and Utility card. Seems sometimes when one goes bad they all have a fit.
We replaced the MMDU and that started to work, but nothing past it. May try to reseat the Utility card first (or all 3 at the same time) to see if that helps, but my guess is replacing that card.

Do you have a terminal connected to J25 for CPU 1 9600/7/s/1 ?

Do you see anything on tty?

Insert the Install Floppy Disk in MMDU and reset. If booting not happened, replace the Utility card.

Villareal

Thanks to all who have replied!

I found it was the CPII and the MMDU. I think the system has some electrical anomilies as it has some other strange things going on with their CC, CCMS and Call Pilot.
I have noted your response for future possibilities and again I thank you....

By the Way....I found that Don Morris is still alive and well! Still Auditing as he is going to do two different sites! He is with Avaya!!!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back