Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPDC or CPMGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgjc

Technical User
Sep 1, 2010
CA
I have a new CS1K MG1010 Rls 7.5. It came with both the CPDC and CPMGS. My question is which one should be used as the co-res CS and SS?

CPDC can only be used as a Signaling Server, or co-Res SS and Call Server.

CPMG can be all.

Ask your sales engineer, or look at the configurator reports to see what application was assigned to what hardware.

You cant use the CPDC for the Call Server. Your CPMGS will be your CoRes Call Server and media gateway. It can also be used as a signal server if you like. The CPMGS could be your Primary Security Server and the CPDC could me either a back up or member server.

Thx. I configured it as you said but when I look up the keycode on the Manufacturer site it refers to a CPDC call server.

If that is the case that is news to me. I don't know how in the world a CPDC could be a Call Server.

Just read the NTP's and you are correct, you can have a CoRes system on a CPDC server. Learn something new every day. Sorry for any confusion.

Thx for the input. This is my first stab since Rls 5.0 so the Security Server and UCM is all new to me. I don't know if I want to redo it all just to make the CPDC the CoRes but the reference in the keycode makes nervous altough everything seems to work!

I have never done a CoRes with a CPDC. I would think though you would want to install it as the keycode is written. It may cause you some grief down the road if you need support. And trust me, on 7.5, you will need support. To make the CPDC the Call Server you will need a USB dongle holder like is on the Call Pilot's. Make sure you have that before you tear it all down. Good luck

My CPDC has a spot for a dongle. There may be 2 versions of the CPDC card a single slot and a dual slot card. Again thx for all the input. Looks like I'll need all the help I can get on this one.

The CPDC - Call Processor Dual Core card can be used as a stand alone signaling server, or a co-res signaling server and call server. Just cannot be a stand alone call server. The CPMG is usually all three on one card.

You should have a security dongle on the CPDC card for the call server portion.

It's all linux based now, unless you use the CPPM cards and have a High Availability setup, that is not supported on linux and only supported on the cppm cards.

your call server just runs on a vxworks emulator in a co-res environment, for the call server software (the pbx side if you wish)

I guess you could load the CPMG as a Media Gateway and a signaling sever. Make this your primary security server, your signaling server and your element manager. Then from this you can use deployment manager to deploy your call server and follower signaling server on the cpdc card. You could make the signaling server part of the cpdc a follower signaling server and nrs.

You can check the configurator reports on the order. this would be the excel spreadsheet the sales engineer had after the system was built in the configurator. it should let you know what applications they thought would be built on which server

it sucks because the documentation is somewhat vague when describing the linux base. there is great documentation on how to load the linux base but very little information on how to deploy the different applications.

It will depend on what applications you need to run. If you need NRS + SS + EM + CS then I would do the following.

Build the CPDC as the Primary Security Server, Deployment Server, and deploy the NRS/SM on it. The reason is, is that the CPDC has higher processing power than the CPMG. Should you need to deploy Subscriber Manager later on it can only go on the Primary Security server so would have to undeploy, then redeploy later on. Might make sense to put the NRS and SM in at the same time.

I would then deploy the CPMG as CS + EM. The CPMG is very slow compared to the CPDC, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU PATCH THE LINUX. Because of this I would keep as much processing on the CPDC as possible. You will notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back