Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP100 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

salo0920

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2002
US
Would anyone know if there is a choice of an F range for installing and using a CP100, latest software?

I would like and try to put it on a system with a pre existing NAM and keep the NAM in place where it is.

I know the Startalk Flash has that option, but I have had conflicting reports on the CP.

Anyone know for sure????

What is an F range? I've installed and maintained a CP 100 and 150 but haven't heard that term before.

What I call the F range is the value of the Function codees that do the functions of the voicemail, like F983 (admin), F981 (check VM), etc.

Well, the high range is normally like F983 (admin), etc..

This range is usually fixed on the voicemail systems by Nortel but the Startalk Flash has the option (F903)of using a secondary (lower) range instead of the normal range. I need to know if the CP has the same option to "select" a range.

I have not seen an option to change the range of function codes in the Call Pilot documentation set.

In addition to Feature 983 (System Administration), the following codes show active on the CallPilot 100 when I do a Feature 9*1:
Feature 980 - Leave msg
Feature 981 - Open mbox
Feature 982 - Operator
Feature 984 - Forward>VM
Feature 985 - CP DN
Feature 986 - Transfer
Feature 987 - Interrupt
Feature 988 - Name dial
Feature 989 - Record call

I posted an FAQ on this site titled "What feature codes are available for the Modular ICS XC 6.1 and CallPilot 150?",
faq799-4558.

Salo,
The CP will do the alternate F range. Set it up under F903 during the initialization procedure. I've done it with a CP100 1.5.

Cheers
PhM

when u setup a CP on a system with a NAM, choose a different feat code range while initializing the CP

You may need to re-install it from scratch to get the codes to change. Be carefull!! Do a backup before you do in case it is a hacked CP with extra mailboxes. They will all be lost for sure if you don't backup. Nortel won't put them back for a non-authorized vendor.

How does one "choose" a feature code range on a CP100? I fro one saw no option to allow this. If is my understanding that the F range is chosen all by itself for the CP.

VencomRob, I do not think this is a "hacked" CP. It came, new wrapped in the box from a reliable dealer. I also think it has just the 10 seats it is supposed to come with.

Having said that, what is happening is that the CP seemed to find an alternate F range, but when the NAM and the CP are both up on the same switch, an F981 (which should go to the NAM), does indeed go to the NAM, but the NAM does not respond properly. Having seen this, I immediately unplugged the CP and everything came back to normal without any reboots at all.

Salo,
Usually, as you have found, the voice mail finds its own range before initialization as it starts up. F9.1 will tell you the operating range. I wonder if the conflict between the NAM and the CP isn't the fact that both are running versions of ACCESS2? What kind of NAM have you got? What were the observed conflicts?

PhM

Salo,
Addendum: what system is it on?

PhM

Arr,

This is on a system 6.0 XC

As to the NAM it is running 4.1 and running very good

The CP is a 2.0

Here was my experience

I installed and started up the CP while the NAM was up and running. I went to the call manager and initialized the CPand this went fine.

I did an XFtest and saw the new F codes F900, 901, 902, 904, 905, 906, 907, 909 and I am not sure about 917 (I think this is the NAM Access2 F code)

When I do an F985 I see the proper ports for the NAM but when I do an F981 I see the right port but the NAM does not answer, it just looks at you never giving the passowrd prompt.

As soon as I unplug the CP the NAM come fully back to life.

Yuk.

I've set up a CP/Flash Combo, and a Flash/Nam Combo with no problems. Who'lda thot eh? I really think this is an ACCESS2 conflict. Curiosity: Can you set up the CP against a Flash to get it to load the secondary Fcodes, power down the CP then repower ento the NAM's system? I don't think this will make any difference but ..??

Are you running an application in the NAM such as Dial By Name or one of the Call Centers? Could there be an outdial channel conflict? (disable outdial channels in the CP)? Are you mixing the line programming or mailbox series up between the two machines? I'm trying to guess what else besides ACCESS2 might be common to give you the problems you saw.

Could this be a glitch in Rls 6.0 processing?

Salo, just guesses and speculation. Hope this sproinks someone's experience here and provides us with a clue.

PhM

Arr,

I notice all of the combinations yo mentioned include the flash. I know for sure you can do this with the flash, but is there any way you can test a CP NAM or even CP/CP combination?

I have limited resources and cant make this test. If this does not work, I guess I will be looking to trade a brand new CP/100 V2.0 for a flash 4. A bad trade for me but I need to get this working fast.

If necessary, are there any takers out there?

Salo,
I've done it CP to CP as well. I don't have a NAM here at the moment to test for you. Sorry. You didn't say what other apps you are running on the NAM? New thought.... perhaps the NAM is too low a release to work with the CP??? Can you go backwards to a CP Rls 1.5?

Cheers
PhM

Arr,

The Nam is V4.1

I dont know how to go back with the CP. I only have the software that it came with (2.0).

I am going to give it another go on Sunday and will let you know. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions, I will take em.

Thanks,
Harold

Salo,
What does an XFTest show you? Could there be a conflict of Fcodes? The NAM might have grabbed some that the CP wants to use for an alternate range (NAMs do tend to grab Fcodes by themselves).
Again, what applications is the NAM running? Did you connect both CP and NAM to a LAN? Perhaps try connecting the TCMs for the CP way low, or way higher than the fiber port of the NAM?

Good luck eh?

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back