Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP time stamp hour off but only via handset not Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreasolo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2005
US
Anyone ever experience when time change occurs, the time stamp not changing when users check voice mail via the handset or desktop phone but if they are a Desktop Messaging user the time stamp is correct?

andreasolo

Yep, all too well. Here is my scenario from this past time change and you can decide if it will help you.

History: We have a CallPilot 1005r on Release 5. In 2008, this server made it through both time changes problem free. We updated the PEPs on Nov 11, 2008.

Problem: This past time change on March 8, 2009 we were given the report that the time stamp on messages was an hour off. I found a solution on Nortel's Knowledge Base to go to the time zone settings in the Control Panel and check the box to "auto adjust for DST". Then manually correct the time on the server. I performed that action and it fixed the time stamp problem...

BUT: The next morning, I received reports that menus using Time of Day blocks were not playing the correct greetings. I unchecked the "Auto adjust DST" box in the server and that fixed the AppBuilder issue but made the time stamp an hour off again.

As a work around, I checked the box to "auto adjust for DST" again to fix the time stamp and then I went into AppBuilder TOD control blocks and backed them up an hour. For example, one was set to 8am-5pm so I changed it to 7am-4pm.

That work around was fine for a few days while I investigated the cause.

Final Repair: I found that after we updated the PEPs back in November, specifically the Service Pack 2 PEP, that Windows Time Service gets enabled again. I stopped and disabled Windows Time Service and that afternoon the AppBuilder was an hour off again. I corrected the TOD block back to 8am-5pm and it worked properly. The time stamp on messages was also still correct.

Summary: To make this long story short, go into Services on the server and verify Windows Time Service is Stopped and Disabled.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thank you! I'm in a meeting but as soon as get back I will check this out. I really appreciate your input.

Ok it was in fact started and of course automatic so I stopped the service and disabled it.
I will test it out now! Well I didnt work...or is there something I need to do such as reboot or wait longer to test?

but I just called from my cell phone to desktop left vm, checked it and it was an hour off (early)

Andrea

You will need to reboot now.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Oh darn...ok I will do that tonight since mgmt wont allow that in middle of day.

Great!
Thank you so very much!!!!!

You're welcome. Please post the results after the reboot.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Many many thanks...this indeed did the trick. I did you said, unchecked the daylight savings in the taskbar time/date and manually changed the hour up one hour.

Rebooted CP server and voila left myself message, checked it and the time was correct!

Thank you very much,

Andrea

Excellent. Glad my heartache over the last couple weeks helped somebody.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back