Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP PM not talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasa123

Technical User
Mar 5, 2009
NG
Dear Forum,

I'm trying to install software on a new CPPM callserver but when i connect my cable and start-up the system with the RMD containing the software (CS1000E rls 5.5)inserted in the faceplate, i get nothing on my screen.

i connected my cable to port 0 of the NTAK19EC cable with a null modem. the 1GB FMD is in place and Switch 5 is set to 1. i can confirm my cable is good as i have used it on the MGC. i have also changed slots.

the main LED is showing red and the CS RED LED is also showing red. please, can someone out there tell me what i have done wrong or need to do right

Nope, because manual says i need a null modem

OK,
I have never used a null modem to connect. Maybe my cable to my laptop is different.

Thanks so much for your responses,

I am using a standard RS232cable. in any case, i will try without a null modem tomorrow (it's 10:40pm in my part of the world right now)and get back to the forum.

No Problem,
I hope it works for you. I have just started work myself as it is 8.55am here.

i connected without null modem and now i can install the software.

Thanks greatly

The CPPM as you have discovered does not require a null modem. the SSC, and other Call Processors do require the use of a null modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back