Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 5.0 HA SU06 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDMtek

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2004
US
I will be updating my HA CallPilot servers from SU04 to SU06; also I will be updating the Microsoft hotfixes PEP from PEP010S to PEP011S.
The Windows Server 2003 service pack, PEPSP2S and the RAID are at the recommended versions.
I am considering doing the PEP011S first, because the readme file still calls for the servers to split the RADI’s, and updated one server at a time. Then take both servers off-line and do the PEP updates as stated in the “Nortel Networks Bulletin 2006006694 [Major]: CallPilot Top Issues and Recommended PEPs”

In the Bulletin; it has a suggested order of installation of the “BASELINES” PEPs, and the PEP011S is 9th in the list.

So the question I have is should I not worry about the RAID splitting and just do the updates as the Nortel Networks Bulletin suggest?

the disks on the 1005ha servers are hot swap, persoanlly I always take oneof the drives on each server out as a backup before doing any work on the syatem, this way, if anything goes horribly wrong whilst installing the peps you have got your get out of jail free card. take the redundant server off line remove one of the drives and update the server, if all is well, bring back on line and promote this server to active, then do the same of the old active server. once you are completed, go is to the server disk management utility, re install the raid drive and click rebuild, then bring the orgional active server backup, hey presto, you now can congratulate yourself on manageing to get it all working again.

Thanks for the info, other than taking one of the drives out of each server that was the way I remember PEP’s were to be installed or updated. but the newest procedure states that both CallPilot Servers should be taken off line at the same time and then updated, then brought back on line. Also if I split the RADI first, isn’t that as safe as actually taking one of drive out of each server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back