Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cp 150 will not work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjune

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
Callpilot 150 will not work an more with ksu. Not sure why or want happen, I have tried reboots, reinserts of sw card and replace power supply. I tried phones for each ports and the phoes comes up. CP 150 is less than 3 yrs, we are hoping that this cp can work again. Does anyone have an idea of what i can do instead of buying another cp? please help!

Sounds like the mainboard inside got hit by lightning. Even replacing the power supply will not work sometimes. If you have a multimeter, read the voltage coming off of the power supply end that goes into the CP unit. If you are getting voltage within 1-2 volts of the rated voltage, (I don't remember, but is printed on the PS), then the problem is not your power supply, and is probably a zapped mainboard. Replacing the unit sounds like it is your option. If you have a warranty or extended warranty on it, find out whether they will cover a zapped unit and exchange it for a new one. If not, you will have to purchase a new one. You might be able to find a good refurb'd unit out there somewhere to save you some extra money.

John Panzer

Also, some CP's were shipped with power supply's that ran hot. If your power supply is 9v (3-prong), then it probably cooked your vm. The newer ones ship with a 8v (2-prong) power supply.

Curlycord is right check it with a laptop early software versions had a boot loader failure. This would cause the cp150 to start to load ie: lights flashing then lockup half way thru the load and stop working.

I had this happen last week after a power failure. It appeared that the system was going to work after a reboot but I never could login using F983 and I never got any audio after dialing the CP DN. Turns out it had lost all the feature codes. I ran the discovery and was able to do a re-install, which I had previously tried several times. It's been working flawlessly since. (on a new UPS, of course)

ok, i will look at cp150 and see where it get hung up at; by the way, i borrowed a card from another cp150 and the cp150 did work. so sound like a good unit but corrupt software I guess?

We have several CP150's that have lost everything on the PCMCIA card including what seems to be the operating system or all programming which needs a complete install from scratch (including keycodes). On the units that have lost everything, we had to replace software. Hardware is still good. None of the sites have had any outside issues (weather or power). Some are even on battery backup. Nortel has no idea, we have an open ticket in with 2nd level. This seems to only happen to software RLs 3.0/3.1
We have had atleast 5 sites that this has happened to.

If you think that it is corrupt software than stick the PCMI card into your laptop & you should be able to see all of the files on it. Delete them all & than copy out the files from your working card to the blank one.
If it works than it was corrupt sofware,if not than the card itself is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back