Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 150 "Out of Space"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJ44

Vendor
Nov 9, 2004
US
OK this is a first for me. When trying to leave message for user we get "out of space" and exited.
Most users have COS of 13. When I reduce this user to a 1 or 7 or even an 11 this clears the error and allows messages. This is only user that this occurs. I left them with a COS of 11 as the fix. Any ideas on the root of error, or will it show up again
Thanks in advance.
AlanJ44

Did you try deleting the Mailbox & than adding it back with the old Class of service 13?

are they keeping old messages or deleting them depending on the class of service (cos)they have finite space for messages
try going into the cp manager and see the reports to check the usage

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Well Heck
Ok problem came back, so we reduced all COS to 1, didn't help. Then we deleted and rebuilt the problem child's mailbox, didn't fix. Then we rebooted CP150, and "out of space" error went away and all is happy.
Fast forward one day to this morning. Now all users mailboxes are kicking you out with the out of space error and a reboot didn't fix it this time.
I have not yet taken a laptop to review the usage, but tomorrow when I do what am I looking for? What would be acceptable and what would be extreme as for as usage?
Furthermore, what are the chances this unit is dying and not truly related to usage?

Connect via NIC (if not on the LAN already) and pull a mailbox usage report (I can't remember the exact name of the report). That will tell you if you are dealing with a legitimate space issue (some goof hoarding messages)or another problem (memory going Kaputski?)

check the gen del mailbox if not being checked it may be full

mike

OK Here might be the problem. Gen Del had 981 messages. No joke. Taking call pilot back this morning, keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks to all for the sounding board and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back