Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP-150 "OUT OF SPACE" 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiephones

Technical User
Nov 11, 2007
US
Haven't had much experience with Call Pilots,although I've reprogrammed them using the same procedures that are used for the Mini,Flash,&NAM...The CP-150 that someone wants to sell powers up & says can't record "OUT OF SPACE". Has anyone seen this B4 and can it be corrected by resetting the database?

That's why I always push my customers to assign MB 100 to a set, and check it regularly. The most I've seen so far was 1560 new messages in gen del before the system filled up. Because of the size of the company, they couldn't let me reinstall, so they had to have an employee sit and press delete for the better part of 2 days.

I concur wholeheartily Rik. I had a 15 min. spiel on making sure GD was attached to a set, any set. To avoid this exact issue. My record was in the 400's.

Adversity is Opportunity

I setup a system a couple of years ago, and had the Line Supervision settings wrong (I was DEFINITELY a rookie on these things...well, I still am).

Eventually the CP100 filled up. Turned out to be 100's of 3 minute long recordings of "if you'd like to make a call, please hangup and try again...".

Of course, the incoming caller had hung up, but the system didn't realize it, and the call bounced around till it hit the general delivery mailbox.

Ooops!

:)

If you are not using mailbox 100 you can turn it off so there is no general delivery mailbox.This is done under f983 Log in press 6 then change y to n

NOTE: I want to Thank everyone for their information about the Call Pilot 150, I was aware of many calls that the GD could store,but I didn't realize that hundreds could wind up there? Without someone checking I agree its a great place for Dial Tones & Please Hang up, anyway Thanks again.

I am having the same exact problem except the GD mailbox was never accessed. When I try to access it for the first time it ask to change password, I do that, then it ask to record name but doesn't give me a chance, it says no memory and exits. It appears the memory is so full it won't let me insert a name to get to the messages so I can't delete them. I tried deleting one mailbox to free up some memory, changing the purge time to 1 day hoping it would clear by itself, changed the class of service, unchecking the GD mailbox then rebooting the system, etc..
I'm trying to do this without completely starting from scratch, any suggestions?

RL

How locked up is it? If you can't receive messages, but you can access Greetings to write them done. REINSTALL!

Adversity is Opportunity

Just purge box; I would even bother logging as a user to deleted one at a time. This should release the CP.

Dewey, it would not accept greetings.

I purged the box this weekend and reinstalled.

Thanks Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back