Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 150 no exts w/ 11XX??? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUCTAPE

Technical User
Feb 3, 2009
US
Have a MICS 7.1 w/ exts. 1100 thru 1199. Upgrade from Startalk to CP 150. When I go to build the mboxes it will let me create mboxes w/ 12XX, 13XX, 10XX ect. but when I try 11XX it says "invalid" mbox. Initialized the unit multiple times and I get the same thing! Any ideas ????

As the mailbox number has no necessary correlation to the dn's, or anything else in the KSU's numbering plan, I can't think of any easy explanation.

Out of curiosity, have you tried to CHG a mailbox 11xx?

I know you said you initialized, but...

Login to F983, then press 2. Press NEXT until you see "Name prefix." Change it to 71. Press NEXT until you see "Spec prefix." Change it to 72. You should then be able to create the mailboxes currently blocked.

Brian Cox
Brian Cox Telecom Services

What does the name prefix 11 or spec prefix 19 do and when you change them to 71/72 what does that do?

I'm curious, too, but if exmogger is suggesting it, you can assume it's Biblical Truth.

I'll be headin back there on Thurs and will try it. I'll post what I find.....THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rik, I did try to CHG mbox 11XX and I get "mbox does'nt exist".......I'll try exsmogger's prefix change and see what that does.....thanks for all your help guys....it is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!

Changing the prefixes allows you to use all mailboxes in the range of 11-19 or 110-119, etc. I had to do this on our office system as the extensions were numbered starting with 100. If numbering is left at default there's no need to change the prefixes.

Rik, it's been a pretty mild winter in the Pacific Northwest, but plenty of rain. We actually got our first snow today for about an hour, but it's not cold enough to stick. How's things out your way?

Brian Cox

We had a pretty good snow year. Warm weather this past week has gotten rid of about half of it.

Thanks for the solution for this one. It's a pretty obscure issue, and worth writing down.

It seems I come across alot of obscure issues...lol
Reschedualed to next week.....I'll post what I find....

thanks for your suggestion, but "no dice"!
went back to the site & installed again, F983, press 2 : Pri Lang, Sec Lang, Grp List, Lead Dig, CP UI, Sys Config. No option to change name or spec prefix?????
uninstalled & went back to Flash vm.

this is a CP150 3.0 any ideas?????

MW2 needs new Maps....ASAP

Thanks, have laptop, what do you need to change to use exts. 11XX??????

MW2 needs new Maps....ASAP

I cant recall but maybe the System Properties page.
Wont take you long to check all pages.

If you mean how to hook up then clcik our FAQ's tab at the top of this post and scroll half way down to:
Norstar Call Pilot 100/150
You should see 4 or 5 usefull links to network etc.
Here is direct link to one of them, mine I did awhile back..

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Hmmm, that's odd. I know I've changed the prefixes through the telephone interface.

If the CP is at default, the IP is 192.168.110.10. Connect your laptop to the CP network jack with an ethernet crossover cable. Set your laptop's IP to 192.168.110.11. Start your internet browser. Enter the CP's IP address in the address bar and press Enter. You should now be prompted to enter the default password (without the leading 1002). It will make you change the password. Now you should be logged in and ready to program.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back