Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 100 Software Upgrade Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

capcoms

Vendor
Jan 5, 2004
US
I have a couple of CP100's with the older software and I am having the mis-dial issues. I need to upgrade them to 3.0. Can someone post the procedure and the file names from the Nortel site needed to perform the upgrade? I have seen somewhere in this forum that the files were supposed to be in the Nortel support section, but I did not see any files listed as software upgrade files. I have the bootloader files and the 256 sandisk card.

Thanks in advance
[thumbsup2]

The latest release on the Nortel site is 3.10.
You want the TFTP files for the particular languages you desire.
Upgrading is a snap.
Download the files from Nortel.
Get the Upgrade Tool from Nortel (64MB SANDISK).
Unzip the files to the PCMCIA card.
Pwr down the CP.
Insert the PCMCIA with the upgrade files on it into the top card slot on the CP (the only one thats open).
Pwr up the call pilot with your laptop attached to the serial port.
You can watch the upgrade take place.
When the display reads "VM ready", you're done.
Pwr down, remove the upgrade PCMCIA, and pwr back up.

Another alternative is just copying the upgrade files to the existing PCMCIA card in the CallPilot. This isn't documented by Nortel, but it works fine.

If you're going to download the s/w, download the upgrade addendum too. The upgrade process is on that document.

HTH!

SD

SupportDude thanks for repling. You said "Get the Upgrade Tool from Nortel (64MB SANDISK)" Can I just use the 256MB or 64MB Sandisk CF cards that I have (with the PCMCIA CF adaptor) or a plain old 64MB Sandisk PCMCIA flash memory card?

Is there special Nortel upgrade software on the upgrade card?

If I have to use the Nortel Upgrade PCMCIA do you have a part#?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure a plain old 64MB Sandisk PCMCIA flash memory card would work just fine.

SD

I used a PCMCIA adapter with a smart media card and it worked fine. I also tried an adapter with a compact flash card and it did not work. I think it matters on how the memory card is formated. The nortel tool works fine as well and does come with some good directions.

Using 256MB compact flash card works fine. We are using it in our CP.

Hello !

Does anyone here know if a Call Pilot 100 and an 8x24 -ds / dr5 are compatible ?

I was told by a refurb seller that they were , but now I have heard different from at least two other installers .

The Call Pilot has a Norstar mode and a Call Pilot mode ... Which one works or doesn't work ?

Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in Advance !

Ken Tarver

8x24 is not supported for CP

CP Mode and NVM mode are user interfaces - functionally CP offers more flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back