Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 100 on a 616

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
I have a customer wanting to upgrade from a StarTalk Mini to a CP100. Presently they have a 616 DR5 DS.

I know CP100 will work on a 3x8 DR 5.1. Is there a 5.1 DS software for the 616 and has anybody had any first hand experience getting one to work?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the confirmation. You're right, the price for a bundle is pretty reasonable.

Actually there is a DR 5.1 for the 616, and it will work with a Call Pilot, but the software is hard to find. I've only ever seen a couple of these. Also, the 616 is getting pretty old so it's likely to start having issues. Best to upgrade as curlycord suggested.

Brian Cox

It maybe that soon as 5.1 was released is when they discontinued 6X16 and why hard to find.

But the matrix states Call Pilot works with only 3X8 5.1 and no other DR5's.

This is not to say it wont work but if it's not compatible you running the risk of issues or not booting at all.

Right, according to the book. I've tested both 616 & 824 DR5.1 with a Call Pilot and both seemed to work normally. But as you said that doesn't mean there aren't other issues that don't show up in a quick test.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back