Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Covering The Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy1563

Technical User
Jul 22, 2004
US
I've got a magix rel 4.7 and i am in need of simple & effective way to get all other phones to cover the oper after 3-4 rings merlinman & touchtone this should be an easy one for you Thanks

For each phone that you need to cover the operator - add a cover button for the operator extension. You can set cover delay to the number of rings you want. When the cover button is activated - that phone will ring after the cover delay has been met.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks Tom am i limited to the # of users that can cover the operator

I believe the number is 8. You have an option of primary coverage and/or secondary coverage buttons - each type can also be programmed for delay. I haven't read the feature reference manual in a while!

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

You might want to try a shared access of the operator w/ delay ring on required sets.

I think you are prevented from using SSA with Operator positions.

If you just want to cover Incoming calls, and you are using copper trunks, you could add a pool button to the phones, and set it to delayed ring.

TTT is so right.

You can not use Shared System Access with OPERATORS or SINGLE LINE SETS.

I hate that ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back