Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coverage won't stop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilphish

MIS
Jul 25, 2001
US
i'm having a problem with a simple coverage path. Recently i created a simple coverage path to send the call from an extension to another one. after the coverage starts the call will ring at the new phone indefinatly. It will not go to voicemail. Am i a moron who forgot to do something? or is this unusual?

Check The settings of the user you are forwarding from see if the box coverage after forwarding is checked José

Please let me know if this was helpful

i'm not seeing that option on the station configuration page. or on the coverage path page. where would it be?

Make sure you have the send to voicemail to the correct extension you want for the person to leave a message in (either the old extension or new extenstion).

You didn't mention whether you put the hunt group for the voice mail system as the second point of coverage in your path that would cause this to happen.

whenever i try to set the audix hunt-group as the second point it tells me its not a valid option. i know this problem is just something realy silly i forgot i just can't figure it out

now it will go to voicemail but it won't go to the voicemail of the extension it is being covered to.

example

somebody calls ext. 2000 after a ring it goes into its coverage path to ext.2001 after 3 rings it goes to the voicemail box of ext 2000. i need it to go to the voice mail of extension 2001

What is the Cover path of ext 2001? Make sure that 2001 knows what to do with an internal call( check the cov p of 2001)

As I said before did you check to make sure that the set voicemail is to ext. 2001 rather then 2000 for station 2000. I have a phone that is set up like that. One of my users left the company and I had to forward his ext to another and also I had to set the set voicemail to the new extension of the person that was handling these calls. It works for me fine. I dont know why it dont work for you.

how did you set the voicemail then? thats more then lickly what i'm screwing up

It should be on the first page of "cha stat xxx" look at the bottome and it will have an option to set to what extenstion you want for the voicemail to go to. Hope this helps...

if you are refering to message lamp extension that didn't work either.

The message lamp indicator on the first page only notifies an individual for a particular mailbox. So, say my ext is 24 but my voice mail indication is set to 55, when a message comes in for ext 55 it notifies me but if I also have voice mail on ext 24 I get no notification. So ylor, what is happening in your scenario is just that, the message waiting light is for the mailbox of the individual who left let's say 55, if someone calls the forwarded to extension of 24 they go to the mailbox for 24 not 55.

My advice: retain the mailbox for ext 2000. Hopefully 2001 is a digital phone with an available button, assign an aut-msg-wt light for ext. 2000 on that button. The user will have to check two mailboxes but will get notification for both. If you decide to do this and need help on steps for the aut-msg-wt light (it can be tricky to get it to work sometimes) let me know.

An other way of fooling the system is using vectoring. I don't know if you have the option available. Anyway, if you create a VDN with a vector and just make a route to extension 2001 and put that VDN in the coverage path of extension 2000 it will follow 2001's coverage path and will end up in 2001's mailbox (if 2001 has a coveragepath to voicemail).

Or use messaging for extension 2001 as the vectorstep If you have an Intuity or Audix in CL-mode.

If you don't use extension 2000 not at all, you can decide to filter that extension on the trunkgroup (page 3) and replace it's CPN for extension 2001. But I wouldn't suggest to do this.

I am presuming that you have an (Intuity)Audix. If you have an Octel we can try some other things.

thanks for your help, i'll give vectoring a try. and yes it is an intuity box

Found this in another thread on a similar subject set it up and works like a charm:

"clausen (TechnicalUser) Dec 11, 2001
I assume the old extension does need the same voicemail box as the new (I'll assume yes)? You can send the old extension to voice mail via a coverage path, that part is very easy. However some work needs to be done in the Intuity. Login to the Intuity. Change the subscriber form on the Intuity for the new extension. Put the old extension in the secondary extension field, it's on page 1. The voice mail box will now have the messages from the old and new extension. Make sure that you do not have fax enabled for the subscriber set to "Y", I think it's on page 2, or it will answer with a fax greeting. Another way to do this is to change the auto-attendant routing table and send the old ext to the new subcriber box also.
Hope this helps

Chris"

In the intuity if you remove the mail box for xt 2000 and the use the command change auto routing you can leave everything in the definity as it it then set the intuiy to use the same mailbox for both exts. José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back