Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coverage to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bparr

Technical User
Feb 11, 2009
US
Okay the boss wants his phone to forward to the admin if he doesn't answer in 2 rings. If the admin doesn't asnwer the call goes to VM. I set up a coverage path for the two points. the problem is if the call goes to the admin and she wants to send it to the Boss's VM, how does she send the call the rest of the way down the coverage path? She can forward to the Boss's extension but then it calls him again. I can forward to our Audix but then it goes to the logon prompt rather than his mailbox.

Please help.

This may work...

Transfer to Voice Mail Access Code: #0

Look for this in your Feature Access Codes pages...

Otherwise you can create a Direct to Voicemail auto-attendant in Audix, so you can dial the extension (it won't ring the phone), and then just complete the transfer and it will deposit the call into the mailbox to hear the greeting.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I have a feature access code field for that. I tried *88. How do you use it? I tried having her hit transfer, *88 transfer but when she hit *88 it gave her an error tone.

Got it. the first code I tried must not have been a good one. found one that did work.

Use a vdn and vector.
Point 1 of the cover path is the PA's number, point 2 is the VDN v1234.
In the vector.
Step 1- messaging for skill (hunt goroup number of voicemail) for extension active.
eg 01 messaging skill 99 for extension active
will send it back to the bosses voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back